Job as student assistant: Do you want to be a student mentor?
In order to support and intensify the integration of international students into the GuG‐Programme and the Leibniz Universität Hannover, we would like to set up a mentoring system:
Student mentors – senior students of the GuG‐programme – are expected to be available as a firsthand point of contact for new students in regard to any problems concerning both the programme, and the students’ situation, in general.
Student mentors will be assigned a group of 4‐6 students.
Do you want to be a student mentor?
- Regular meetings with your student group
- Regular social activities
- Individual meetings with members of the group (consultation hours)
- Establish and foster contacts between German and international students, e.g. by regular meetings with the students association (Fachschaft)
- Regular meetings with other mentors to exchange experiences
- Feedback and communication with the degree program coordinator (Studiengangskoordinatorin) and international contact people within the institutes
- Feedback to students, dean and professors
- Counseling in all student matters, e.g.
- Which courses to take / when?
- Advice concerning examinations
- Making contact with people of importance (e.g. professors, agents from the International Office)
15hrs/month, 6 months; Start: summer semester
Announcement as PDF here